A plastic bottle at the edge of the path, cigarette butts at the summit - anyone who spends a lot of time in the mountains or in nature can hardly miss these traces. The impulse to simply collect everything is great, but where to put the leftover garbage? Common sense tells us not to leave anything lying around, but not every hiker is so nature-oriented. So a lot of it is simply left behind in nature...
To free the mountain world from trash, under the motto #plastikfreepeaks is behind the idea of PATRON CleanUP Days. Everyone can participate from 18-21.05.2023 and on self-selected routes to collect human leftovers. Anyone can participate in the cleanup and either form their own team or go it alone. Every package and every butt counts! You can find out everything about participating in CleanUp Days in our blog below.
KOHLA is also a proud partner again this year and supports this innovative event in our home region, the Inn and Stubaital. The Tyrol CleanUP Days are one stop of six more, as part of the PATRON CleanUP Tour 2023. In addition to Tyrol, other CleanUp events will also take place in Germany, Austria and South Tyrol.
We are always mindful of sustainability in our day-to-day work at KOHLA. For us, this starts with the selection of materials for our packaging, short production routes and the use of environmentally conscious materials for our products. We are closely rooted in the mountain world and, together with our KOHLA community, also provide a CleanUP team that will be out and about on our local mountain, the Serles.
What do you do at the CleanUP Days?
Short and to the point, it's about collecting leftover trash in nature and especially on the mountain. There is so much trash left in nature that can easily be collected during a hike you have planned. Although the motto of the event is "plastic free peaks" which means "plastic free peaks", you can choose where you go on tour. This can be the park around the corner or in our case the banks of the Inn or Sill. There is enough garbage to pick up everywhere, unfortunately.
As mentioned above, we will be there too! The KOHLA team will be out and about in the region in and around Innsbruck. and will additionally focus primarily on the Serles - after all, this mountain adorns our KOHLA logo and therefore has a very special meaning for us.
How can I participate in the Tirol CleanUP Days?
You are not given anything, you decide the route and in the best case you grab a few friends, colleagues or your family.
1. Choose your team:Whether alone or in a team you determine yourself.
2. Set the date:
The Tirol CleanUP Days will take place from 18.05. to 21.05.2022. You decide when you start. It doesn't matter if you start during the day, after work or maybe even all four days. The more trash collected, the better.
3. Choose the region:
CleanUp Days will take place in the following Tyrolean regions:
- Innsbruck region
- Nature park Tiroler Lech with the nature park region Reutte and the Lechtal valley
- Region Achensee
- Kitzbüheler Alpen region, the Pillerseetal valley and St. Johann
- Tyrolean Zugspitz Arena
- Tirol West, with Imst & the Area 47 Tannheimer Valley
- Wilder Kaiser
- Area 47 in the Ötztal
4. Set your route:Now it's your turn, choose your favorite hiking route. It doesn't have to be a long mountain tour, the daily walk with your dog is also good. You can find inspiration, for example, in the tour planner on the website of Tirol .
5. Register:Here you can also register spontaneously for the CleanUP Days.
6. Pick up your free CleanUP KitDuring the event period from 18.05. bis 21.05.23 you can pick up your CleanUP Kit at the participating pick-up stations. It consists of a reusable garbage bag and stainless steel tongs.
You can find the pick-up stations in your region on the CleanUP Map.
Abholstationen Region Innsbruck:
- Innsbrucker Nordkettenbahnen
- Kaufhaus Tyrol (Kundeninformation)
- Patagonia Store
- Innsbruck Tourism information
- Igls Tourism information
- Mutters Tourism information
7. Let's goGo whenever it works for you, enjoy nature and do something good.
8. Hand in your garbageYou can dispose of the collected trash at one of the collection stations for free. You can keep the CleanUP Kit and reuse it. You can find the collection stations in your region on the CleanUP Map.
9. Participate in the raffleTake a photo of yourself on your personal CleanUP Tour and upload it to the CleanUP Gallery via the form using your email. There are great prizes to be won including the KOHLA TRACK trekking pole and a HAPPY ALPINE kids backpack.´
Here you can join and find the Conditions of participation.
Sustainability Expo and Concert
On Friday, 19.05.23 will be swapped and celebrated! We are also present as a partner with a booth at the clothing swap market and are happy to present you our KOHLA products live. We have our environmentally friendly coat care, the KOHLA Greenline with us and much more!
KOHLA Special!Does your skin need to be re-coated? Then bring it to our exchange market! We offer you our KOHLA skin service on this day for a special price of 25,- EUR!
You can bring also skins from other companies, our skin guru Georg is a pro and will take care of your skins!
Where and when?
Backyard of the Patagonia Store in Innsbruck.
13:00 - 16:00 swap market with uptraded with KOHLA Skin Service
18:00 entry for the concert
19:30 Documentary film "More than a route" by Ortovox
20:00 Helianth0:45 Kim Churchill
22:00 Afterparty at Montagu !
The team of PATRON (left on the picture) and of course we, are looking forward to YOUR coming!
Recap of the Tirol CleanUP Days 2022
Get an impression of last year's event. It was the premiere in Tyrol and an absolute success. With over 500 participants from seven regions, about 1000km of hiking trails were freed from trash!